Monday, July 27, 2009

Overheating?

I've run into this problem several times now but I'm not sure if it is exactly what I think it is. Ok so I have a Intel P4 Socket 775 CPU with a Foxconn Intel mobo, Radeon X1300, and Ultra Aluminus case. The CPU is running way above the maximum temp (max temp is 65 C and its running at a about 75 C) Whenever it would run Windows it would often restart itself and then go to the login screen. Well it got to a point where it would constantly restart and then it would just restart over and over before it got to the log in screen. Now whenever I put in a Windows Boot Cd it won't let me boot to it even though the first thing to boot is my CD-R Drive. It goes straight into the 'bad' Windows and continues the inevitable restart cycle.








Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Honestly I'm tired with having to deal with this. Thanks for any helpful advice.

Overheating?
a few things to check.





your cpu fan is running.





cpu fan is running a a normal rpm (6500+ rpm)





your bios is set for the proper CPU (autodetect may be the best bet)





good airflow in the case. often, there is insufficient airflow. I have five fans dedicated to airflow. Two on the back pulling out, one on the front pulling in, one at the base of my power pulling in and one on the plexi pulling out. Also, make sure your wires are tucked neatly away to allow the airflow.





If none of this checks out, take your CPU to a shop and have it tested. (just the processor, not the computer)





Good luck, hope this helps.
Reply:Make sure the fan on the CPU, is working right. Also, cleaning the dust out of the case could help.


No comments:

Post a Comment