Monday, July 27, 2009

Crysis sound issues?

When I play Crysis It plays most sounds but not all. when I check the loading log it says


failure to open sounds/enviroment.fev


sounds/cutscenes.fev


etc.........


I've tried many forums and no luck





All drivers current





Here's my relevent specs





Amd Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Socket Am2


4 GB DDR2 667 RAM


PNY 8800GT 512MB RAM x2


ASUS m2n-e SLI MB


integrated c-media sound 6501

Crysis sound issues?
That easy. Your integrated sound card can't handle the hard core audio required by Crysis - it cannot load all of them or the more advanced sounds that require mixing or more memory.





With your other hardware you went hard core (props by the way). I suggest getting a cheap sound card at the least. (some sell for $15-20) You will get better sound, and on top of that it will take some load off of your processor which is now burdened with some of the audio mixing. Also I would be interested to see if your system passed the audio portion of the Crysis system tests - see link below. Hope this helps!
Reply:ummmm wrong.I installed it again and it works fine.


Weird Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment