Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is a Loose CMOS Battery causing a sys dump?

Ok i have a older pc and its CMOS battery was replaced about a year ago with no issues. As of late im getting the dreaded blue screen of death and have checked everything software wise to no avail. I noticed that when the pc table is hit that it causes the sys dump to happen so im thinking i may have a hardware issue thats causing the dump.( I just moved my P.C. a few days ago perhaps knocking something loose.) when i opened it up to check conections i didnt notice anything off hand. Ram cards are well conected and so on. I then checked my CMOS battery and noticed it was not to secure in its socket. I ve fixed the "spring" and now it fits snugly inside and dose'nt move so im wondering is it possiable that the loose Btry was the reason for the sys dumps?

Is a Loose CMOS Battery causing a sys dump?
Possible. Electrical spikes or surges cause errors. Plugging or unplugging a fan while PC is ON sometimes causes an error. Loose connections cause errors.


No comments:

Post a Comment