Tuesday, July 28, 2009

DOS Menu? what is that?

I just built my PC, and I'm done installing XP. However, when I installing my motherboard (softwares) it asked me about the DOS menu, and I have no idea what that is.





Here is what it showed on the screen:





Welcome to ASUS Motherboard make disk for DOS menu.


1. Nvdia SATA Raid driver page


2. Silicon image SIL3132 SATA Raid driver page


3. Free DOS command Prompt





I Selected 3 at first, but it was showing C:\ on the screen, and I have no idea what to enter.


I than select 1 and 2, they both required me for A drive but I do not have A drive ( Floppy disk)





What should I do? and What are Nvdia SATA Raid driver page, Silicon image SIL3132 SATA Raid driver page, and Free DOS command Prompt





My motherboard is ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI








Thanks

DOS Menu? what is that?
If you have already setup your computer and have an OS installed it is probably of no use to you. It is referring to a way for you to configure a RAID, Redundant Array of Independent (or Individual) Disks. What this allows you to do is take two hard drives and have windows see them as one single disk, for either the purposes of having twice as much space as in a RAID0, or for a mirror, meaning if you have two disks and lose one you still have a full copy of all your Data. The only way to make use of that now would be to either add additional hard drives and create an array, or add an additional hard drive and re-install your OS. Additionally, if you decided to create a RAID for your OS when you are install XP you see a little popup at the bottom that says "Hit F6 to install additional drivers" you will need to do that so that Windows can see your RAID.


No comments:

Post a Comment