Monday, July 27, 2009

I have watched Bridged to Terabithia and many other movies! I know it is just a movie but still, it amazes me?

I am a beggining programmer, I know a little bit of C, C# and Python! When I started reading about processors and criptography, it took my mind away from the most advanced programming language! When I think of how complicated but simple it is and very very ingenious that microchip, wow i do not have words for it!





I have some questions regarding the processors like where and how are they made and if they use assembly language or binary to test them and etc! As u can see, I am a noob dealing with low-level languages!


I did google and yahhoed it but I find nothing interesting and informative!


I want to know every single thing about them!


how do they connect with the other hardware, software and how can they connect with the socket just through glue and silicon!


I will learn anything just tell me what to learn!I also need some tutorials if u know because google and yahoo does not give me any!


And one more thing! How can they think for themselves without being preprogrammed by us (AI)

I have watched Bridged to Terabithia and many other movies! I know it is just a movie but still, it amazes me?
You found something great to be excited about, that's for certain. You're questions are very broad, but it sounds like you want to know about "Computer Architecture". College students in computer science take introductory classes in computer architecture and computer engineering students take more advanced courses in the subject. If you find that you still love how processors work and are designed and integrated into systems, I think that computer engineering would be the subject for you. I'm a computer engineer.





Computer hardware, like processors, are usually designed with another computer language made specifically for designing hardware. Look up VHDL or Verilog for more information on that.





All of the connections in a computer between the various components are basically the same as any other electrical circuits. Wires connect the socket to other parts of the computer.





Computer hardware can't do any thinking on its own. There is always a set of instructions that a computer (or robot) would need to follow. They appear to "think" based on the program they are running.





Assembly language is important for low-level testing and design of processors. Look up "Instruction set architecture" for a little more information on this. Binary is just the way assembly language is read by the cpu. Every instruction is translated into a set of 1's and 0's to tell the CPU what to do. When you program in C/C++, those instructions are ultimately translated into binary instructions for the CPU based on its instruction-set architecture.





Well, that is probably enough for now. A good place to start on this stuff is Wikipedia. Here is the Computer Architecture entry:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_ar...





There are all kinds of links from that page that can last you for a while, I'm sure. Hope this helps and hope you stay interested in computer engineering!

song downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment