Thursday, July 30, 2009

Batch file for telnet?

So... I installed an SMTP program (surgeMail) on my computer so that I can send email using myself as the outgoing server. I plan to prank my friend by sending him a fake email. I understand the whole SMTP protocol and commands and what not, but I'm hoping to find an easier way then typing everything in manually in telnet. I've found that if you make a typo... it's irreversible. Is there a way I can write a batch file or some other sort of script file to make this easier? What about in C#? Is there an easy way to do it that way? I know I could use sockets, but I'm hoping for something a bit easier/user-friendly. Any ideas?





Note: It successfully sends the email when I manually type it in error-free in telnet (telnet localhost 25). I'm trying to remove the possibility of error by having everything pre-typed and programmatically feed the commands to telnet.

Batch file for telnet?
Why don't you just use a mail client, like Outlook Express or Thunderbird and configure it to connect to your local SMTP service? That way you can write the email like normal people do?





Also realize your "prank" email is likely going to be flagged as major spam due to your haphazard setup, and your friend may never see it.
Reply:You dont need telnet. You can use smtp commands in a script. Such as:





echo "To:MyBud@example.com" %26gt; MAIL_TMP


echo "From: NotMe@example.net" %26gt;%26gt; MAIL_TMP


echo "Subject: Ha Ha %26gt;%26gt; MAIL_TMP


cat BodyofMessage.txt %26gt;%26gt; MAIL_TMP





/usr/sbin/sendmail -F "NotMe" -t notme@example.net %26lt; MAIL_TMP








of course the smtp client server you are running has to be told that its ok to send as that domain. The default setups have gotten really picky about such things in order to protect against outside abusers.

flash cards

No comments:

Post a Comment